Tuesday, July 14, 2009

New Shoe Plan

So, I'm back to the idea of attaching rosettes to a pair of shoes/sandals I like. The 'perfect shoe' I posted two weeks ago is available for overseas shipping. However, the shipping costs almost as much as the shoes! I've decided it's too risky (and silly) to purchase shoes I haven't tried on that cost that much money and would be quite difficult to return if they didn't fit or were uncomfortable. Remember the post where I said that I wanted to try and make my own rosettes? I received the book, "The Artful Ribbon: Beauties in Bloom" by Candace Kling. I have looked through it and read several parts of it. I've decided that I'm not ready to take on the pressure of trying to make/sew ribbon rosettes. They look quite tricky and take a lot of practice and time is running out. So, I found a great seller on eBay who makes her own double-faced, satin ribbon rosettes: Rosemary's Cottage Boutique. I bought these lovelies:Now I must find a pair of shoes. I'm leaning towards fancy flip-flops. The Shelley George ivory, satin flip-flops I featured on this blog post are not available in my size (they only come in size 5, 6, & 7). Maybe I'll get nice flip-flops that aren't ivory. Well, I'm getting closer. Now I bring my rosettes with me shoe shopping. I like the elegant simplicity of these two pairs of J.Crew flip-flops (that also happen to be on sale):

1 comment:

Patsy said...

There are bunches or rosettes and rosette items on Etsy, too:

http://www.etsy.com/search_results.php?search_type=handmade&search_query=rosettes+silk&order=date_desc&ship_to=&page=1