Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Rosettes - Taking the Plunge

Due to my recent love of 'anything containing rosettes', I've decided to try and make my own for my wedding shoes. You've probably seen some of my older blog posts with photos of shoes containing rosettes. However, I couldn't find any shoes containing rosettes in ivory, only white. In order to have the "perfect" pair of wedding shoes, I've decided to purchase a simple pair of shoes (probably fancy flip-flops, yet TBD) and add my own handmade satin/silk, ivory rosettes. I've ordered a used book from Amazon.com called "The Artful Ribbon: Beauties in Bloom" by Candace Kling. I'm hoping this book will provide inspiration and detailed instructions for making ribbon rosettes/flowers. I will let you know. If interested, check out Hometown Girl's blog post on homemade rosettes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck with your rosette making, i'll tell you it's addicting! i'm still on my kick! thanks for the mention!

carpet cleaning Los Angeles said...

I didn’t know they have a book for rosette making. Not to brag but, I’ve learned rosette making all by myself, it’s easy and I’ve been doing it for almost a year now and I got to admit its very addicting

Volunteer in India said...

Very creative, it will surely add style and elegance on your shoes. I will certainly have to try rosette making. .