Sunday, June 7, 2009

Match.com & Our First Date

Michael and I met through match.com. Michael's screen name was "Mike1807" and his 'dating headline' was "Why wonder when you can know for sure." My screen name was "camp_n_fun" and my 'dating headline' was "Adventurous gal seeks guy to challenge limits". He first e-mailed me in January 2007. I was able to read his e-mail, but couldn't respond since I wasn't a paying member at the time. A month later he tried again. I happily read his email and set it aside for when I would be able to respond. On Valentine's Day night, (after a few cocktails) I was finally convinced by my Aunt to suck-up the $25 and join so that I could respond to Michael's emails. I did and the rest is history. Mike and my first date was on March 6, 2007 at the Albany Pump Station. We first met at the bar for a drink (I guess just in case one of us wanted to bail out before any significant time commitment). Well, we both knew right away we would sit down for dinner. After dinner we lingered at our table while the waitstaff started cleaning up around us (they were closing). We knew we needed to go someplace else or the night would end. I suggested Mahar's (beer bar in Albany) and Mike agreed to follow in his truck. We stayed at Mahar's until they closed around 1 AM. It was an awesome first date. We fell in love shortly thereafter and now we're getting married. Yay!

No comments: