Saturday, June 27, 2009

Bride's Wedding Ring: √ (check) !

My fiancé is wonderful (I knew that already). He surprised me yesterday with the wedding ring I've been eyeing for weeks now. I stopped into an Albany jewelry store (Roman Jewels) last month to ask about rhodium-plating my engagement ring. While I was there, I asked if they had any affordable (under $200), carved, white gold wedding bands. They showed me some rings they had in their 'estate jewelry' case in the back of the store. There was the perfect ring in our price range. It fit perfectly (size 6), and was in great condition. It is circa 1900, white gold, and hand-carved. Mike bought it for me and placed it on my ring-holder without me knowing. When I went to put on my engagement ring Friday morning, there it was sitting there. Surprise! I love it. Only 91 more days until I can wear it!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You're right,it is really nice. It also matches your engagement ring.You're also right about your fiance,he is wonderful,his mother must have raised him right!

rug cleaning Los Angeles said...

Wow! That’s a one beautiful ring, you’re so lucky to have such a wonderful fiancé

Volunteer in India said...

Congratulations! Andrea. The ring is so beautiful. Best wishes to both of you.

Christchurch Jobs said...

Lovely wedding ring! You too are going to be married soon? Congratulations!

Corporate Housing said...

That is so sweet.. Congratulations! i can hear wedding bells already :)