Friday, August 29, 2008

The Lucky Love Frog Worked For Me

On February 14, 2007 there was a huge blizzard in the Northeast, especially in Upstate New York. I trudged home from work that day (Albany) in several feet of snow. I had planned an informal 'singles' outing at a local bar that night, but the snow cancelled the event. Instead, I was stuck in my apartment on Parkwood Street, with no Valentine. After a few hot cocoa and Bailey's cocktails, I ended-up calling my dear Aunt in Syracuse for a minor pity party. A few days later, I was very fortunate to receive this gift from my Aunt in the mail.

The tiny charm came with an explanation. "THE LUCKY LOVE FROG: This lucky frog charm will help you find the perfect man who's smart, handsome, and kind. Keep him close to your heart any day or night until you find your prince charming or at least Mr. Right!" I've always been a fan of frogs, so I receive frog-related gifts often. However, none have been so powerful and wonderful.

Michael and I met about 3 weeks later.

You can purchase your own 'Lucky Love Frog' at www.frogstore.com.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My friends and I bought these for each other in college and they worked for us too. The ones of us that lost them broke up, the ones that didn't - still together. That was 7 years ago. We desperately need them back! Does anybody know where to get them? (I can't find them at the link above)

Anonymous said...

I just "googled" them and found them here:
http://store.businessfundamentals.com/servlet/-strse-176/Lucky,-Love-,Frog,-Charm/Detail

Jenny's Vintage Jewels said...

Did you find your Lucky Love Frog? www.jennysvintagejewels.rubylane.com I have one!

Amy said...

I just bought one at my school's bookstore. I thought the poem was cute and my mom always tells me you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you meet your prince- so i bought it. I just started dating a guy right before i got it--hopefully the frog works and he's the one! =)