Wednesday, August 27, 2008

15 Breweries in 7 Days!

I knew we could do it. My fiancé and I took a week-long vacation and leisurely travelled through 3 New England States (Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont), visiting as many breweries as we could. We camped in State Parks every night but one, when we got a hotel room instead. The smallest brewery we visited was the Italian Oasis Restaurant & Brewery in Littleton, NH. The largest was Anheuser-Busch in Merrimack, NH. Mike's favorite stop was Milly's Tavern whereas mine were Anheuser-Busch and Mt. Washington.

Here's a list of the places we visited (in chronological order):

We had such a great time. My gas-friendly Civic only needed fill-ups 3 times. I fed a worm to a huge frog. I tasted my first 'Pumpkinhead Ale' of the season. Mike caught 2 fish. We brought home a nice sampling of fine, craft beers and quickly divvied them up in the fridge. You see, I haven't had a beer in days. I've instilled a sort-of "detox" for myself. I'm almost back to 'normal' (whatever that is).

No comments: