Monday, August 11, 2008

Dress Shopping Part II

Saturday I went to the 'Bridal Gallery by Yvonne' (Latham, NY) with my Best Friend, Katie. This boutique was more upscale than the previous two I visited. We had our own room with a couch and changing area. My consultant, Linda, is a DEC retiree (for those of you who don't know, DEC = Department of Environmental Conservation = where I currently work). After a brief chat about my dress aspirations, Linda disappeared into a back room and emerged a minute later with a few dresses she thought I might like. She hit the nail on the head with the very first one. I loved it! It fit my stringent criteria perfectly and looked great. I tried on the rest of the gowns but then put the first one back on. That's when Linda brought me out of the room and into the boutique and put a veil on me. The other store employees gathered round and "oohed and ahhed" over me and the dress. (This is standard, they do this at every bridal store.) The price discussions ensued and I now I have more to think about.

After Yvonne's, we decided to go to David's Bridal right there and then and see if I could try on the dress from last weekend. I did. I still love that dress too. Now I love 2 dresses. Yvonne's doesn't allow photography. So, unfortunately I can't refer back to anything. The only picture of the dress I can find is on the designer's website (2Be Bride) and it is too small and doesn't really show the dress or its details well.

The country of origin is a factor in my wedding dress decision and other aspects of our wedding. I was told by Yvonne that the 2Be Bride dress is made domestically with some foreign material. I'm still researching where the David's Bridal dresses are manufactured...

3 comments:

Cindi Freeburn said...

The country of origin for the gowns should be on the label inside the dress as required by law.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good experience at Yvonne's! I'll be there on Saturday for my first fitting... eek!

Anonymous said...

p.s. this is nicole. you probably figured that out :-)