Saturday, January 31, 2009

Wedding Shoes

Today I began to think about what I want to wear on my feet for the big day. I googled "wedding shoes" and within 2 minutes I was bored. They all looked the same to me. I've noticed a trend these days in brides wearing funky or colorful shoes. I presume that 99% of the time the shoes are covered by your wedding dress and nobody can see them. The way I see it, the shoes' biggest job is to provide a photo opp and to give comfort and confidence to the bride. You might know by now that my favorite color is blue. What about a pair of blue shoes? They could also fill the role of "something blue" (if I even pay attention to that, we'll see). The other consideration I must keep in mind is my height. I'm already a tiny smidgen taller than the groom, so I'd prefer not to wear heels. I also thought about the weather and temperature on my wedding day. Late September could still be sandals or open-toed weather - but it doesn't have to be... So many considerations! Don't forget that blue is one of the wedding colors too. Well, I found a few pairs of flat, funky, blue shoes on eBay that all caught my fancy. What do you think?
Betsey Johnson AFD

Jessica Simpson

Mia

Style & Co.

6 comments:

AnnMarie said...

I´m leaning towards the Simpson shoes- simple and elegant. But with an outdoor wedding in September why not look into hiking/rubber boots! HA HA Enjoy the shopping.

krickit6 said...

i love the betsey johnson shoes!! next choice for me are the jessica simpson shoes - i love the blue!! :-)

Dee said...

hey andrea. i actually bought those style and co sequined shoes in ivory for my wedding day and i wore them the day before to get use to them and they killeddddddd my feet. i ended buying cute wedding slippers on ebay. they were super comfy and perfect for dancing all night long in the barn :)

Anonymous said...

they are cute shoes. Since you are a runner, how about some bridal sneakers? I sent you a link to some where you can choose what to put on them, gotta make sure you are comfy in them, love, Mo

Ronni said...

I absolutely LOVE the Jessica Simpson flats!!!! I was hoping that you knew where to get them?!?!?

kiki said...

jessica simspn shoes definitely, if i got married again i'd wear them myself:-) good luck!