Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Back On Track

The bridesmaids dresses have been ordered. Whew! After months of browsing, researching, looking, asking for advice/opinions, thinking, searching, imagining, and visualizing, I have made my decision. My bridesmaids will all be wearing Aria dresses of their choosing. Here are the 5 dresses that the 6 ladies decided on:

The color of the dresses will be periwinkle and the fabric silk shantung. Each dress will also have a removable sash in sunset gold. I wanted to ensure that the sash is detachable so that if they ever decide to wear their dresses again, a clashing orange accessory wont hinder them (I mean, come on, blue and orange?).

We're ahead of schedule. The dresses take about 3 months to be custom-made and shipped. Sometime in May we will all get together to try-on the dresses and determine if any alterations are needed.
Aria dresses are made in the U.S.A.! In all my research, I have found the Aria dresses to be the most affordable custom bridesmaids dresses available. The aria website is easy-to-use and very informative. My favorite part of the website is the album of real weddings and all the bridesmaids that have come before us.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Yay! Love those colors. My gals wore Aria and they were great. We ordered in March and the dresses came in much earlier than we expected. My sister wore that first style. The material is really nice-- the natural silk shantung has some texture to it and looks much nicer than the polyester stuff. Congrats on another big decision!

Anonymous said...

Really impressed with your decision.!! These 5 dresses are gorgeous.

AnnMarie said...

5 dresses for 6 ladies? Which one is a duplicate? Looking forward to trying the dress on!