Friday, December 26, 2008

X-Mas Is Over, Now It's Time for Bridesmaids Dresses

J.Crew has "extra 20% off final sale" sales frequently, and they're having one right now. I thought I had definitively made up my mind that I was going to get the bridesmaids dresses from Aria Dress, but J.Crew keeps tempting me otherwise. One of the biggest challenges I have found so far, is finding bridesmaids dresses in both blue AND orange (or variations thereof). Aria Dress has over 50 silk shantung colors to choose from, including several blues and oranges. I had Aria Dress send me fabric swatches. I have 'Periwinkle', 'Light Blue', 'Sunset Gold', 'Burnt Orange', 'Royal', 'Midnight', and 'Paprika'. My two favorites are 'Periwinkle' and 'Sunset Gold'. Aria Dress dresses are also made in U.S.A. (That's hard to find in the wedding industry). They are also reasonably priced. Today, at J.Crew.com I found these:
These dresses are called "Berry-trim Strapless Nathalie Dress" and "Berry-trim Nathalie Tank Dress". These two awesome colors are "deep persimmon" and "bright peacock". I can imagine my bridal party wearing any combination of these 4 dresses and looking spectacular! Of course since these dresses are on sale, their sizes and quantities are limited. I don't know about any of you, but I've had problems ordering from J.Crew's website because they don't seem to keep their availability up-to-date. About a month ago, I ordered myself a party dress from J.Crew.com. I put in my credit card info and the order went through fine. 24 hours later I received an email notifying me that my order had been cancelled since they didn't have the dress in my size. I went back to the website and sure enough, it was still listed as available. <-- What's up with that?! That's my hesitation with J.Crew...
What do you think?

1 comment:

AnnMarie said...

Both look lovely. Just picturing myself walking down the aisle with my long flowing hair...

Keep me posted. If you need measurements while I am globetrotting I'm sure I could find an Ecuadorian, or/and a Peruvian, and possibly an Australian to help me out with that!- HA HA

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!