Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Where are the Leftovers?

The turkey was delicious; no children cried; nothing was broken; the messes have been cleaned-up by the dogs' tongues = Thanksgiving Success! The weirdest part of the day for me was rubbing the raw turkey. Mike and I ate leftovers on Friday and Saturday and now they're practically gone. I always imagined we would be cooking/eating turkey for weeks after the big Holiday, but no dice!

Mike and I both had Black Friday off from work. My Mom, Dad, Aunt, and Friend came down from Albany to tour our house and we all went out to lunch in Windham. We ate at "Michael's Diner" (no relation - coincidence). Yum! On Friday night, Mike and I bottled our German Lager and transferred our I.P.A. to a secondary fermenter. Confused? (We're homebrewers.) On Sunday we started a batch of American Red Ale. Come to our Christmas Party and you can try all three!

On Saturday, Mike and I moved into our new bedroom. Now we slumber in the house's master bedroom. We celebrated by going to Albany and boosting our struggling economy. We bought a love seat at Old Brick to match our living room couch. Unfortunately, it probably won't be here by the party. We picked up a new beer kit and fermenting supplies at Hennessy Homebrew Emporium in Rensselaer. We got curtain rods for our new bedroom at Target. We bought white fabric at Jo-Ann's for curtains. Mike's Mother is currently sewing them for us. We bought several hardware supplies at Lowe's. The evening ended with a fun, delicious hibachi dinner at Hiro's Japanese Restaurant on Central Avenue in Albany. Mike and I were seated at our very own, private hibachi table. We both had shrimp and lobster hibachi. Mike drank a sake martini and I had a Kirin Ichiban (beer). Our hibachi chef was friendly and entertaining (as always). We had a great time.

On Sunday, our friends Kristi & Liam came over with their dog, Kody, for a play-date with our dogs (mostly Daisy). We also watched the NY Giants football game and chatted about our upcoming nuptials. Despite a few scuffles (between the dogs, not the humans), we all had a fun time.

Phew! The long, active weekend is over and I'm tired.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am totally impressed by that turkey rubbing...

AnnMarie said...

I am impressed that the ring didn't slip off or get mixed up with the stuffing.

Congratulations on the grand feast!