Friday, December 26, 2008

Wedding Ring - Yes or No?

Before I was engaged, I never imagined having more than one ring. And since I have an extraordinary engagement ring, how could I ask for anything more? When Michael and I went to the Jeweler about a year ago to have the engagement ring made, I told him that he could place the prongs of the diamond all the way down the sides of the band since I would not be wearing another ring next to it. This design keeps the diamond lower so that it doesn't stick up and out too far. This also means that a wedding band/ring would never be exactly flush next to the engagement ring. I don't want to wear two rings on one finger. I feel that in doing so, neither ring would get the proper attention that it deserves. Plus, it would be a bit bulky I think. However, I'm not opposed to wearing my engagement ring on one ring finger and a wedding ring on another ring finger. Currently, I wear my engagement ring on my left ring finger, as tradition dictates. I'm thinking about moving the engagement ring to my right ring finger after I'm married and wearing a wedding band on my left ring finger. My loving fiance thinks I should stick with my original plan and just wear my engagement ring on my left ring finger forever. I'm really drawn to these rings though - they're so natural, simple, and organic looking (and affordable).

K. Brunini's "Twig" Collection
Beth Cyr's Love Knot Tree Bark Ring

Beth Cyr's Tree Bark Ring

Beth Cyr's Tree Bark Ring

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the rings! I agree, so simple so earthy/organic looking - so you! maybe you could get the wedding band and when you dont wear it on your finger wear it around your neck on a chain? if you are really drawn to them...get them!!

Nicole said...

Those are very cool.
I wear just my wedding band sans engagement ring for stuff like yoga class, hiking, anything where the stone on my engagement ring could get in the way. So having a simple band is handy that way.