Saturday, May 23, 2009

Update: Dinnerware, Registries, Flower Girl Dresses, & Invitations

Happy Memorial Day Weekend! Between house-showings, college enrollments and course registries, and NYS Dept. of Labor correspondence, Michael and I (mostly me) have excitedly continued down the wedding-planning-path. Please allow me to update you. :-)

Our dinnerware pattern has changed! We are no longer registered for the Lenox Batik Dinnerware. There are three reasons why: 1. The Lenox Batik Dinnerware does not have a complete line of serveware or accompanying pieces. 2. I discovered that this dinnerware is on back order at Macy's. 3. It was more expensive than the alternative...

Mikasa Pure Red Dinnerware

With this new dinnerware comes a new registry: Bed Bath & Beyond. This store has generally lower prices than Macy's and more availability and selection. We have not completely abandoned the Macy's registry, but we did switch many products from the Macy's registry over to the Bed Bath & Beyond registry because they were cheaper there. The Mikasa dinnerware has so many accent pieces and accessories. Fun!

The flower girl dresses have been selected and are in the process of being acquired. The lovely Rebecca and Adelaide will be donned in the champagne satin bubble dress with double rosettes.

Bridesmaid/Sister-of-the-Groom, Loren, will graciously be printing and assembling our wedding invitations. I have spent a lot of time browsing through the paper and envelope selections on LCI Paper and Envelopper Inc. So many choices! With our blue and orange elegant rustic theme, there are infinite ways to design and express that in creative and personal invitations. I hope to order the paper this weekend (but I've said that the last 2 weekends too).

Envelopper Inc.'s color index

6 comments:

Flower Girl Dresses said...

Beautiful gold flower girl dress. I like the dinnerware as well.

training education said...

lovely dresses...

Unknown said...

I love your dinnerware set. I've been looking dinnerware sets for a long time. I've checked a lot of websites and i think i'm going to buy that i saw at Ballard Designs.

Alice said...

I just love to wear stylish and trendy dresses!! Love this shiny flower dress...

Ali_J said...

I have an enveloper color index guide for sale. I used it because it helps with choosing colors. It sells for $25 + s/h on their site. I will sale mine for $15. Please let me know if you would like to order it. I use paypal.
My email is risingstar1978 (at) yahoo (dot) com. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I love those flower girl dresses they are so adorable!