Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Somebody To Marry Us: √ (check) !

This is a big one. After months of thinking and consideration, we choose an affordable option. A "Marriage Officer" from the Town of Colonie will be marrying us for a reasonable $75 fee. So many of the Officiants I contacted wanted to charge hundreds of dollars for customized ceremonies. Mike and I want a short, civil ceremony. We couldn't justify the expense for an online Minister or 'professional' Officiant. I tried contacting the Town of Durham Judges to inquire if one of them could marry us (since it's Mike's hometown) - but I was ignored (from my resident Town, great.) I called the Town of Colonie Justice Department and was informed that the Judge who performs wedding ceremonies will only do so in the actual Courthouse. However, it was at this point I was told about the "Marriage Officers" that the Town has employed. I was put in contact with one and the rest is history. He has already emailed me a pdf of the ceremony. I think it's perfect. We can add, modify, or delete parts of it if we want to. He will wear a black robe during the ceremony.

No comments: