Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Caterer Interview

Yesterday I met for the first time with a potential caterer. I brought my Mom with me and we drove to the caterer's office/facility in Albany. Although we had to wait almost 15 minutes past our appointment time, we were offered (and gladly accepted) cold drinks (apple juice and diet soda). I had prepared a list of questions based on online guidance and personal preferences and concerns. Our planner, Kathy, was polite, knowledgeable, and patient. This catering company has done many weddings at the Pruyn House before and Kathy was very familiar with the layout and grounds. She had many good ideas and advice for us. For the purpose of Kathy preparing us a detailed proposal, my Mom and I picked-out specific menu items and food selections. This caterer, if hired, would be able to take care of the tent rental, linens, dining supplies, and even the cake. To check out Classé Catering, click here.

Now I am waiting for them to prepare our proposal and e-mail it to me. I'm prepared for a high price. My parent(s) and I plan on meeting with a few more caterers to fully research our options.

My old apartment-mate, Nicole, married her long-time boyfriend, Pat, two weekends ago here in the Capital District. From the photos I've seen (and I've seen hundreds!), it looks like it was a beautiful day and lovely event. Check out Nicole's blog for photos and info.

I love Nicole's choice of hydrangeas, roses, and seeded eucalyptus.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, thanks for the shout out :-)
The flowers were a bit more pink and green than I anticipated (I was expecting more ivory and pale pink), but this combo actually looked nice against the eggplant dresses. The florist used big open 'snowy jewel' roses, which I loved.

Have you been able to get in touch with Upstate Photographers? I forgot to mention that on their website they have a 'check availability' calendar, so you could find out if they were available for your date before you contact them.

diana said...

The Pruyn House is great! My parents got married at the barn behind the house last October!