Friday, September 19, 2008

Wedding Dress: √ (check) !

[In spite of a possible copyright infringement...] Last night I "said yes to the dress!" After weeks of grueling shopping (not really, it was fun!), I have made my decision. I choose the 2Be Bride dress from Yvonne's (it's not currently on the Designer's website, so you won't be able to see it). It was a tad over my originally intended price range, but (prepare for the cliché excuse now) "hey, you only get married once." I love this dress! It has no beads, no sequins, and no lace. It's a mermaid cut and it's symmetrical. It's exactly what I wanted. It will take several months to arrive so I can relax awhile and move onto other wedding matters.

This weekend I'm going to Montreal, Quebec with Katie and Kelly (also in the bridal party), to see a reunion concert of the New Kids On The Block (NKOTB). When the NKOTB were in their prime, we were in the 5th grade and at the perfect age to gush over these semi-talented teenage icons. This concert will be my first NKOTB concert (I was too young in 1990(according to my parents)). Tomorrow night will be a blast from the past and a riot! I predict the boys will sound even better than I remember (especially after a few tasty beverages). The concert is at the Bell Centre in downtown Montreal. We reserved a hotel room for the weekend and will be sure to spend "girl time" shopping, dining, drinking, and giggling.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great time. I hope you bring all "the right stuff" for a girlfriend getaway. Just be safe, "hang(in) tough", it might be a rowdy crowd of late twenty-early thirty somethings.

If Mike feels lonely and says "please don't go girl", just remind him "i'll be lovin' you forever".

Ok- I think I'm done reciting some of their songs. Have fun!

Andrea said...

Very, very clever AnnMarie. Are you sure you don't want to join us??? I sense a tiny bit of "fanhood" despite your claims.

Anonymous said...

congrats on the dress (we should catch up to discuss yvonne's)! and oh my gosh have a BLAST at NKOTB! can't wait to hear about it!

our photographers just posted some photos of a pruyn house wedding-- i thought you might be interested:
http://paulandbrenda.zenfolio.com/p364444665